from 2nd to 5th of October, 2017
The Third International Conference on Particle Physics and Astrophysics
This is the first announcement of the 3rd International Conference on Particle Physics and Astrophysics (ICPPA-2017) to be held in Moscow, Russia, (from the 2nd to the 5th of October). The conference is organized by the National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
The aim of the Conference is to share scientific knowledge, to promote contacts between scientists and to develop new ideas in fundamental research. We will bring together experts and young scientists working in experimental and theoretical areas of nuclear physics, particle physics (including astroparticle physics), and cosmology. Most recent results from the modern experiments in these areas and advanced detector technology development will be presented and discussed.
The working language of the conference is English.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Nuclear physics
- High energy physics
- Heavy ion physics
- Neutrino and astroparticle physics
- Gravitation and cosmology
- Facilities and advanced detector technology
The ICPPA-2017 conference has the following format: plenary talks (25+5 min/30+5 min), section talks (10+5 min/15+5 min) and poster sections.
Registration - the 21th of August
Invitation requests - the 21th of August
Proceedings - the 10th of November
To perform the registration, please fill out the Registration Form presented on the Conference site. After we receive your form, we will send you an email with the confirmation. If you are not interested in giving a talk, then the registration can be completed by using the conference registration form only. Otherwise, before filling out the conference registration form, you are welcome to create an account in our Indico at http://indico.cfr.mephi.ru/event/14/user/register in case you do not have one already.
The conference will be held at the Milan Hotel 4* located at Shipilovskaya Street, 28A, Moscow, Russia, 115563 and is easily accessible by public transportation. The nearest metro station is Domodedovskaya on the Green Line of the Moscow Metro map.
The size of the registration fee depends on the participant's status as well as on time when it paid, these conditions are indicated in the table below.
(02.10.17 and later at the registration desk)
Foreign participants (regular)
Foreign participants (student)
Russian participants (regular)
Russian participants (student)
Conference fee for the participants from the Russian scientific organizations was reduced by the Russian academic excellence project (5-100).The fee will cover coffee-breaks, excursion, conference materials and proceedings.
The conference dinner will cost additional 25 euro/1500 rubbles (please indicate it in the registration form, if you wish to participate).
Lunches can be ordered in the hotel Milan during the conference.
Copies of the presentations of all talks will be available on the conference webpage.
The Proceedings of the conference will be published in peer-reviewed journal indexed by Scopus.
The deadline for proceedings submission is November 10, 2017. Earlier submission is welcome! Please send the paper draft to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the Conference web page to obtain more information about Paper Submission for the proceedings.
An invitation letter is necessary for foreign participants to obtain a visa. This letter will be sent in 25-50 days (it depends on your citizenship) after we receive request. If you need an invitation letter to request a visa in order to attend the ICPPA-2017 Conference, please fill the corresponding fields in the registration form.
Please note that your international passport should be valid at least 1.5 years after your planned departure from Russia.
The Organizers are pleased to offer you a variety of accommodation options, close and within walking distance of conference venue. Alternately, it takes several minutes to reach venue by bus. You may choose from three hotels to suite all budgets.
1. The 21-storey Milan Hotel 4* is located just 40 minutes from Domodedovo Airport, and a seven-minute walk from the Domodedovskaya metro station. The favorable location of the hotel, which is close to the town main – third circular road, three stations square and also Tsaritsino and Kolomenskoe Museum-reserve parks, makes The Milan Hotel very convenient for working and leisure time.
Сonference will be hosted in the conference rooms of Milan Hotel. The hotel offers discount prices especially for participants of the conference: 4100 rubles/person/night for a single room and 4700 rubles/person/night for double room. To have a discount, please, use promo code MIFI during booking on the hotel web-site. More information about the hotel is available there.
2. Intourist Kolomenskoye 4* is a new ultramodern hotel, located near Moscow River, just 10 minutes away from the metro station, which is on one of the most important metro lines in Moscow, with access to Domodedovo Airport. By taking this line, you can reach international airport Domodedovo. The hotel has 14 levels, every room’s window yield a gorgeous panoramic view on the city and surroundings. The Intourist Kolomenskoe is situated just near Kolomenskoe Museum-reserve park and it takes 10 minutes to reach the conference venue by bus. Detailed information about the hotel and prices is available on the hotel web-site.
3. Limited number of rooms for students will be available in MEPhI hostel. The hostel is situated in 15 minutes from the conference venue by bus. We offer 1-room apartments for ~2000 rubles/person/night and 2-room apartments for ~1500 rubles/person/night. All apartments have fully furnished kitchens.
During the conference it is planned to have an excursion to Tsaritsyno palace and park ensemble. It contains a lot of impressive examples of Russian architecture and one of the most important ones is the beautiful palace of Ekaterina II.
We are going to provide financial support to the very limited number of participants by two items:
(a) Partial reduction of the conference fee
(b) Free accommodation in the guest house of the University.
Limited supports will be available with a priority for graduate and PhD students. Please provide us information about your education, degrees etc (CV) and a motivation letter. Corresponding documents are required and should be sent to email@example.com.
The conference webpage will be updated as information becomes available. Further questions and special requests can be addressed to the conference secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
International Program Committee
- V. Matveev, JINR, Dubna, Russia – chair
- M. Skorokhvatov, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- M. Strikhanov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- I. Arsene, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
- A. Bolozdynya, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- I. Dremin, LPI RAS, Moscow, Russia
- J. Fabris, UFES, Vitória, Brazil
- D. Froidevaux, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
- H. Gutbrod , FRRC, Darmstadt, Germany
- M. Khlopov, APC, Paris, France
- R. Konoplich, NYU, New York, USA
- Yu. Kudenko, INR RAS, Moscow, Russia
- V. Obraztsov, NRC Kurchatov Institute, IHEP, Protvino, Russia
- A. Ogloblin, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia
- A. Romaniouk, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- P. Senger, GSI, Darmstadt, Germany
- V. Shevchenko, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia
- C. Spiering, DESY, Zeuthen, Germany
- A. Starobinsky, Landau ITP RAS, Moscow, Russia
- Yu. Suvorov, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
- A. Vasiliev, NRC Kurchatov IHEP, Protvino, Russia
- R. Veenhof, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
- A. Vorobyev, NRC Kurchatov Institute, PNPI, Gatchina, Russia
- M. Vysotsky, NRC Kurchatov Institute, ITEP, Moscow, Russia
- M. Strikhanov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – chair
- O. Nagornov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- S. Rubin, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- T. Antonova, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Barbashina, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Belyaev, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- A. Grobov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- M. Karpychev, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- A. Kirillov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- S. Koldobskiy, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- D. Krasnopevtsev, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- S. Smirnov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- E. Soldatov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – academic secretary
- A. Taranenko, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- P. Teterin, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Voznyuk, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
Information about the conference is available on the conference webpage: http://indico.cfr.mephi.ru/e/ICPPA2017
Address: 115409, Moscow, Kashirskoe shosse, 31
Your participation is welcomed and we hope to see you at Moscow!