from 22nd to 26th of October, 2018
IV International Conference on Particle Physics and Astrophysics
This is the first announcement of the 4th International Conference on Particle Physics and Astrophysics (ICPPA-2018) to be held in Moscow, Russia, (from the 22nd to the 26th of October). The conference is organized by the National Research Nuclear University “MEPhI”.
The aim of the Conference is to share scientific knowledge, to promote contacts between scientists and to develop new ideas in fundamental research. We will bring together experts and young scientists working in experimental and theoretical areas of nuclear physics, particle physics (including astroparticle physics), and cosmology. Most recent results from the modern experiments in these areas and advanced detector technology development will be presented and discussed.
The working language of the conference is English.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Nuclear physics
- Particle physics
- Gravitation and cosmology
- Facilities and advanced detector technology
The ICPPA-2018 conference has the following format: plenary talks (25+5/30+10 min), long and short section talks (10+5/15+5/20+5 min) and poster sections.
Registration - the 10th of September
Invitation requests - the 3rd of September
Proceedings - the 5th of December
To perform the registration, please fill out the Registration Form presented on the Conference site. After we receive your form, we will send you an email with the confirmation.
Please note that for the participants with talks or posters account in Indico system is required.
The conference will be held at the Intourist Hotel Kolomenskoe 4* located at Kashyrskoye shosse, 39b, Moscow, Russia, 115409 and is easily accessible by public transportation.
The nearest metro station is Kashirskaya on the Green Line of the Moscow Metro map.
Given the support from the Russian Academic Excellence Project (https://5top100.ru/), the conference fee is cancelled for all participants. Conference dinner fee is 3000 rub (~40 euro) can be paid onsite.
Copies of the presentations of all talks will be available on the conference webpage.
The Proceedings of the conference will be published in peer-reviewed journal indexed by Scopus.
The deadline for proceedings submission is December 5, 2018. Earlier submission is welcome! Please send the paper draft to firstname.lastname@example.org and visit the Conference web page to obtain more information about Paper Submission for the proceedings.
An invitation letter is necessary for foreign participants to obtain a visa. This letter will be sent in 25-50 days (it depends on your citizenship) after we receive request. If you need an invitation letter to request a visa in order to attend the ICPPA-2018 Conference, please fill the corresponding fields in the registration form.
Please note that your international passport should be valid at least 1.5 years after your planned departure from Russia.
The Organizers are pleased to offer you a variety of accommodation options, close and within walking distance of conference venue. Alternately, it takes several minutes to reach venue by bus. You may choose from three hotels to suite all budgets.
1. Intourist Kolomenskoye 4* is a new ultramodern hotel, located near Moscow River, just 10 minutes away from the metro station, which is on one of the most important metro lines in Moscow, with access to Domodedovo Airport. By taking this line, you can reach international airport Domodedovo. The hotel has 14 levels, every room’s window yield a gorgeous panoramic view on the city and surroundings. The Intourist Kolomenskoe is situated just near Kolomenskoe Museum-reserve park and it takes 10 minutes to reach the conference venue by bus. To have a discount, please, use promo code MIFI during booking on the hotel web-site.
2. The 21-storey Milan Hotel 4* is located just 40 minutes from Domodedovo Airport, and a seven-minute walk from the Domodedovskaya metro station. The favorable location of the hotel, which is close to the town main – third circular road, three stations square and also Tsaritsino and Kolomenskoe Museum-reserve parks, makes The Milan Hotel very convenient for working and leisure time.
3. Limited number of rooms for students will be available in MEPhI hostel. The hostel is situated in 15 minutes from the conference venue by bus. All apartments have fully furnished kitchens.
Information about the prices will appear soon.
This information will come soon.
The conference webpage will be updated as information becomes available. Further questions and special requests can be addressed to the conference secretariat (email@example.com).
International Program Committee
- V. Matveev, JINR, Dubna, Russia – chair
- M. Skorokhvatov, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- M. Strikhanov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- I. Arsene, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
- A. Bolozdynya, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- L. Bravina, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
- J. Fabris, UFES, Vitória, Brazil
- D. Froidevaux, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland
- Y. Gurov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- H. Gutbrod , FRRC, Darmstadt, Germany
- M. Khlopov, APC, Paris, France
- R. Konoplich, NYU, New York, USA
- Yu. Kudenko, INR RAS, Moscow, Russia
- R. Lacey, Stony Brook, New York, USA
- V. Obraztsov, NRC Kurchatov Institute, IHEP, Protvino, Russia
- A. Ogloblin, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia
- A. Romaniouk, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- P. Senger, GSI, Darmstadt, Germany
- V. Shevchenko, NRC Kurchatov Institute, Moscow, Russia
- C. Spiering, DESY, Zeuthen, Germany
- A. Starobinsky, Landau ITP RAS, Moscow, Russia
- Yu. Suvorov, UCLA, Los Angeles, USA
- A. Vasiliev, NRC Kurchatov IHEP, Protvino, Russia
- R. Veenhof, Uludag University, Bursa, Turkey
- A. Vorobyev, NRC Kurchatov Institute, PNPI, Gatchina, Russia
- M. Vysotsky, NRC Kurchatov Institute, ITEP, Moscow, Russia
- M. Strikhanov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – chair
- O. Nagornov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- S. Rubin, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – co-chair
- T. Antonova, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Barbashina, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Belyaev, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- B. Chernyshev, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- A. Grobov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- A. Kirillov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- S. Koldobskiy, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- V. Mochalov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- S. Smirnov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Smirnov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- E. Soldatov, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia – academic secretary
- P. Teterin, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- N. Voznyuk, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
- E.Zherebtsova, MEPhI, Moscow, Russia
Information about the conference is available on the conference webpage: https://indico.particle.mephi.ru/e/ICPPA2018
Address: 115409, Moscow, Kashirskoe shosse, 31
Your participation is welcomed and we hope to see you at Moscow!